Monday, January 21, 2008

Lord, Hear My Prayer

Lord,

Sometimes I just do not get it. How can so much happen to one person? I believe in You, I have faith in You, and I know down deep in my soul that all good is from You. I know that You love them just as much as You love all of us, but I do not know if they will ever believe that. How could they with all that has happened.

I want to show them what Your love is. I want them to feel the comfort of Your loving arms. I want them to know that it is You who cries with them, and it is You who wipes away their tears. But I do not know if they will ever believe that. How could they with all that has happened?

I realize that it is not for me to know. I realize that I cannot see the big picture that You can see. But that does not help. It is hard to see it happen and to be helpless. That is why I am praying this prayer. I believe with You, I am not helpless. I pray for strength and endless love for us. I pray for comfort, a glimpse of light in the midst of great darkness, and a miraculous healing with a touch from Your hand for them. Lord, I believe. I know they can as well, even with all that has happened, because we are talking with You.

Guide us, strengthen us, and use us.

Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger CLRaymer said...

very well put! I have thought about the same for a longtime. Here is what i have come to think. I feel that not only do I believe that the good is due b/c of our Lord but also the bad. Hardship or a hard life isnt a direct respones to sin. These ppl that you speak are put in that spot i believe to prove the strength they have in GOD! We sometimes like to pray for the good things in our life, but maybe we should also be thankful for the bad that has happend b/c through GOD we make it through those times a much more faithful followers of GOD.. So i agree lets pray for those who have it hard, but at the sametime pray to have the strenth they do day in and day out! I believe we can help prove that hardship is a way of faith.

love ya
chris

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home